Sunday 7 October 2018

on Thanksgiving Sunday...

Hello, from Ormstown, Quebec... On Friday, a travel day, all worked out well... Flew via Porter Airlines, thro' Toronto, on to Montreal where Brent and Nicole were waiting for me... Yesterday, Nicole took me to Blair's for lunch which is an apple orchard with a great big restaurant featuring homemade everything, yum!!! Out back are picnic tables with live music, quite a popular spot with both Americans (very near the US border, New York state) and Canadians (all the way from Montreal, about an hour to hour and a half's drive)... I have never had corn/tomato soup so tried it, yum with homemade buns, double yum!!, finishing off with apple crisp, hard choice with all the choice of pies, again all homemade... Great place featuring all kinds of preserves, pickles, maple syrup, honey, pies, buns, wish I lived closer to take advantage... Mid afternoon, two of B & N's daughters arrived from Montreal, very nice to meet Meredith, met Andrea in Nfld in 2013 when meeting Nicole for the first time... Nicole made Boeuf Bourguignon last night, it was exceptional, yum! yum! We enjoyed a quiet evening... Today after a lazy morning, I joined Brent, Nicole and their girls for a Thanksgiving get together, with Brent's side of the family for a pot luck, in a local church hall with about 50 people attending... Good food, felt very welcome... I just returned from a walk around Ormstown, now enjoying my first beer of the day... After all that food for lunch, very light for dinner, huh?? Well, peeps, tomorrow at 6:00 am Brent is driving me into Montreal to catch a flgt to YVR departing at 8:40 so this time tomorrow I will be home... I plan on taking transit to B C Ferries at Tsawwassen, walking on, then on the other end public transit to home... This has been an excellent holiday :) but time to get back to reality, first shift at Canadian Tire is 9:00 am Wednesday... Hope all is well with all of you, thanx for ta king the time to keep up to date wit me aND my travels... Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment